Thursday, 18 October 2012

Following My Heart is Always Good for Me

A while back, a friend asked me to keep a particular evening free for a spiritual lecture he wanted to invite me to. I promised I would.  As the day was growing nearer I checked the Website to see whether the lecture was still on and it's called "God is Working for Good in Your life." I wondered if my friend was still attending as he hadn't called me about it.

Last night, I received a text from my friend reminding that the lecture was on tonight and he said it would be nice to see me.  Although the talk sounds good on paper, when I asked myself if it would be good for me to be at that talk, my head said "Yes", but my heart said "No." 

The "head" represents that part of the individual that has been programmed to obey rules, to do your duty, to do what you should; and the "heart" is that which makes you happy.

Listening to a spiritual lecture is not my idea of fun, at least not today; going home, relaxing and watching some television definitely is.

So I texted my friend back that my good was now elsewhere and I wished him well.

I believe the easiest way to let God work for Good in my life is to follow my heart.

And when I'm happy doing what I love, the love that I am being and radiating blesses all.

Enocia

Related articles: Heavenly Moments - 2Letting My Feelings Direct Me; What Do I Need?Good But Not For Us; Word to the Wise;  It's OK to Follow Your Heart; Good on Paper, But...; My Head Says Yes But My Heart Says No; The Power of Being True to MySelf