Saturday, 22 September 2012

For the Love of Love

I have observed when I truly love something, that thing reveals more of itself to love. In other words, that thing is either multiplied or magnified in my experience.  

Imagine what happens when I love LOVE - that which is the essence of all creations?  It's only natural that LOVE will not only keep revealing more experiences for me to love, She will also keep reminding me of what I love.

Every third weekend in September is Open House London  when buildings usually closed to the public are open so enthusiasts can enjoy their architecture and history. There are usually lots of tours organised and they are all free.  I always have a ball.

As I was looking through the "Open House London" brochure I wondered what buildings would be fun to explore. I was inspired to visit the BBC Studios at Alexandra Palace that is regarded as the "birthplace of television."  The studio was where "the first public television transmissions were made."  Although I had to queue up for an hour to get in, it was well worth it  to see all the old equipments and how things were done in those days.  I felt like I had stepped into a time machine!  There was a fire at Alexandra Palace (Ally Pally) in 1980, but the studio was not affected.

I also made a new friend who had travelled from out of London. He said it was the first time he'd explored that area of London and was glad he did.  He was my companion for the day. He even bought me a drink. My friend shared interesting information about his life.

When I shared my adventure with my mother, she told me she used to temp at that building and left after the fire. She said she loved working for the BBC.  How cool is that!

Thank you, Love, for your infinite experiences of love.

Enocia

Related articles: Admiring Buildings; Social Life; Nature Watch; Do You Live in a TV Drama or Love Story?The Voice of Love Sees Only the Good; What You Give is What You Receive; When in Doubt, Do What You Love; An Unusual Partnership; For the Love Starved; The Greatest Gift is Love; Where the Heart Is; Putting Love First